Search squid archive

[squid-users] trying to block exe files ...

Greetings.

I'm attempting to block .exe and .cab files, and my attempt seems to work part of the time but not always. I've often received the proper page stating that I was prohibited from downloading such files, but occasionally they ARE downloaded and appear as such in my logs.

Here's what I've tried:

acl blockedfiles url_regex -i \.exe$ \.cab$
http_access deny blockedfiles

Can anyone please tell me what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Kenn