Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Server-side no-cache

Henrik Nordstrom ha scritto:

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Matteo Villari wrote:

Well I'll be more precise : I want to cache http://nuovosito.regione.campania.it but their server is set up with Expires "Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT" Cache-Control "no-cache" and Pragma "no-cache", so my question is: can squid override these server directives to make this page cacheable?

Expires you can override, but not the other.

and, if actuallyit it's not possible, do you think that with a patch it would be possible?

Yes, obviously.

You will however be in a quite dark zone wrt RFC compliance etc when doing this. Better to lobby with the site operator to make them more friendly to caches. Usually sufficient to send them a copy of "Caching Tutorial for for Web Authors and Webmasters" which does a good job explaining both why caching is good for the web author and how to autor content in a way which is friendly to caches. This document is available via the "Related Writings" link on the Squid home page.

Regards
Henrik

Thank you very much, Matteo Villari