Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] dns lookups

From: "Chris Robertson":

If you are able to ping a domain-name-less box from the command line, but
can't surf to it through Squid, then you should check your squid.conf for
the dns_nameservers directive (make sure it's commented). Squid, by default
will use the /etc/resolv.conf file to determine which DNS servers to query,
and is capable of proxying single entry hosts.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am able to ping a domain-name-less box from the commandline, but cannot surf to it through Squid unless I type the full domain name. I have checked my squid.conf and there are no lines with "dns" or "DNS" in it.

Regards,
Dietrich