Search squid archive

[squid-users] traffic accounting

Righty :)

I have my authenticator working.... I have my squid logs parsed and inserted into MySQL real time... I have all the data that squid provides.

A couple of questions...

I know that squid will only make a entry in it's log file once a request has been completed. This makes sense, as it is the most accurate way for squid to log where the object came from, how big it is, and allot of other things as well.

Now, are aborted downloads loged as well??? And most importaintly, how is streaming audio / video handled???

Basically, it boils down to how accurate is access.log in regards to its logging, and most importantly the size aspect in the log file for object?

Is there anything I need to be 'aware' of in regards to ensuring that my access.log stays up to date and accurate? I'm not using buffered logs, and I'm not resolving IP addresses either (to try speed things up). Anything else???

--
Chris.

I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by..." - Douglas Adams, 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'