Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] authentication / acl

Hmmm ok....

Well I did add some debugging to my custom auth perl script via syslog...

It never receives anything from squid to authenticate, and that's what
debug tells me.... $_ is always empty as far as my script goes. This is
definately something with my squid config that is not on par...

--
Chris.

These lines look ok: auth_param basic program /usr/local/libexec/squid/my_auth auth_param basic children 25 auth_param basic realm Proxy Authentication auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours auth_param basic casesensitive off

Perhaps the word "authenticated" is a reserved word in Squid?
   acl authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED
   http_access allow authenticated

Just a thought. When using authentication, I think you may not need the following lines:
acl local src x.x.x.x/y
http_access allow local

No errors when you manually restart squid from the commandline?
Dietrich