Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] authentication / acl

From: "Chris Knipe" <savage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I've written a custom authentication handler, which does seem to work. Reads
from STDIN, Authenticates, and returns either OK or ERR on STDOUT back to
squid.

My next step, I want to allow a certain block of addresses http_acess, deny
everyone else, but also allow any request that was successfully authenticated.

I've got the following in squid.conf

# Authentication scripts
auth_param basic program /usr/local/libexec/squid/my_auth
A quick debug, shows that squid is never passing the information to the authentication
script, so I'm not sure what I did wrong... My auth_param should be fine though, right???

How are you reading the STDIN in your script? I recently was shown how:

   #!/bin/sh
   while read INP; do
       x = `echo $INP | /usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth -R .........`

Previous methods of reading from STDIN resulted with similar time-outs to yours.

Perhaps if you cut and paste the relevant parts of your script, someone may be able to help debug.

regards,
Dietrich