Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Getting valid ip address thru browser

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Rahul Sinha wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to get valid ip-address thru proxy server using
http://checkip.dyndns.org/
But it shows private ip address of the machine.

This is because this web service is proxy aware and looks into the custom X-Forwarded-For header added by Squid. This to help users using an ISP proxy or similar.

How do u I get the valid ip address using this URL..?

Hard, unless you configure Squid to NOT forward the internal IP address..

  header_access X-Forwarded-For deny all

Regards
Henrik