Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Major malfunction: Squid and Windows Update

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Aldebaran wrote:

On Friday 22 April 2005 11:26, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Brett Glass wrote:

As since I have similar problem like Mr Glass, if allowed, I do restart thread from here!

Which version of Squid are you using?

2.5stable7

access.log with log_mime_hdrs on showing some sample requests
triggering
the problem please.

I send in attach my g-zipped log, but on case in this list attach isn't allowed, write here one transaction with windows update site.

And you are sure this was triggering the problem?

This request trace only showed a lot of unique requests for windows update. All of them were cache misses, and none could be cached.

The pattern we are looking for is something which would use a lot more bandwidth when via Squid than without. I could not find anything in your trace indicating it was using any more bandwidth than requested by the client.

Regards
Henrik