Search squid archive

RE: [squid-users] Squid proxy allows 127.0.0.1:5400 as proxy

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, JG Nasser OLWERO wrote:

I relize the WinXP mchine has ONSPEED which is used to make connections
faster.  It therefore connects to a local proxy on port 5400 and then
onspeed connects to their server on port 7000 via the local server
(their server is a web proxy).  If I close the port 7000 on the server
then the XP computer cannot connect out but I tried to redirect the 7000
to the squid port and still onspeed cannot connect.  Maybe this is
something that ONSPEED tech support need to address.  Any ideas welcome.

I am not sure ONSPEED is using HTTP for the proxy connection.

Maybe the local ONSPEED proxy has support for connecting to the Internet via a proxy. See the ONSPEED manual/documentation or their support.

Regards
Henrik