Search squid archive

[squid-users] Delay-pools

Hi,

I am thinking about implementing delay-pools in my squid transparent proxy on my
Linux box.  The reason is that my ISP (cable modem) has a monthly limit on the
number of bytes I can download.  This didn't use to be a problem, but recently
my two kids have got laptops from school and all of a sudden I am hitting the
size limit as they plug into my LAN and play games, mp3s, msn etc.

Now I understand that delay-pools will do this, but I also understand that if
squid gets restarted or my Linux box reboots, then the aggregate values will be
reset to zero.  Is there anyway of saving the current aggregate values and then
having those restored after the machine reboots?  I am planning to have cron
reconfigure squid at the end of the month so that the buckets get zeroed out at
that time.

Best regards,
Vaughan

Mobile: 0412 122 362