Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] NTLM Auth and Java applets

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Matt Alexander wrote:

I've successfully configured Squid to use our Active Directory server for authentication, however, there's one remaining problem... If the page contains a Java applet, then the user gets a popup Java authentication dialog box. However, the correct username and password are never accepted, and the Java applet never displays.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

You may need to have support for Basic authentication enabled as well. Not all JRE versions supports NTLM authentication.

Regards
Henrik