Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] access.log equivalent for server side

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Thien Vu wrote:

That's what I'm thinking also, but we have nearly 300 acls and a
similar number of http_access rules.

Ok.

What kinds of acls are these?

Our setup is like this. We have a machine proxy.company.com that runs
both a proxy and a web server. We monitor the web server by grabbing a
file every minute. We monitor the proxy by grabbing that same file
through the proxy every minute. The proxy is configured to not cache
any results (other than dns and authentication credential and other
adminitrative data, but specifically not web pages). Over a day, the
direct requests to the web server for the file takes an average of 20
milliseconds. On the other hand, the requests through the proxy
average 888 milliseconds.

Sounds a bit excessive difference indeed.

Do you have a problem with CPU usage?

Is there any difference if you for a test cuts down on the number of http_access rules?

Any warnings in cache.log?

Any swap activity on the system?

Are you also using a redirector helper?

What authentication method scheme is used?

Regards
Henrik