Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] access.log equivalent for server side

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Thien Vu wrote:

The response time between the proxy and the actual server that is
performing the data.

The response time in access.log is as close as you get on a per-request basis. As Squid does not buffer the whole response (only 16KByte) this actually gets quite close.

I'm using squid as an authentication only proxy. No caching. I have
many rules and want to see what type of overhead internally squid has.

This is very hard to measure outside a testbench.

Or to put it another way -- I can get total client wait time by
looking at access.log, I want to see how much of that wait is between
the server and the proxy. Then subtract those two numbers to get an
idea of how much overhead squid has.

Provided your Squid is properly configured and you are not running out of CPU this should be close to 0.

Regards
Henrik