Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Configuring authentication with ldap_auth and two domains?

D & E Radel schrieb:
The second problem was the way of reading the input from stdin.
I have here a complete script which should also work at your site.

#!/bin/sh

# read from stdin until EOF is received
while read INP; do
  DOMAIN1=`echo $INP | /usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth ...`
  DOMAIN2=`echo $INP | /usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth ...`

  if [ "$DOMAIN1" == "OK" ]; then
    echo "OK"
  elif [ "$DOMAIN2" == "OK" ]; then
    echo "OK"
  else
    echo "ERR"
  fi
done

I hope this helps.
Please let me know your results.

Regards
Matthias

Wooohooo!!!!!!! Success!!!! Thanks a heap Matthias!!!! This solution should be in the FAQ or docs. :-)

Many, many thanks man!

Do you know anything about the squid_ldap_group program? I have tried so many things but cannot get an "OK" from it. Do you have any samples that work? Or any idea on how to run from the commandline? We are trying to allow block access to certain sites to a certain group, but not another group. Am I too ambitious? ;-)

Regards,
grolschie

Congratulation!
I have no idea who is responsible for the FAQ / doc section. Perhaps the person in charge reads this, too.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about squid_ldap_group, except that it exists. So I don't have samples about it.
But I have seen a nice page, which perhaps can help you further:
http://kb.papercutsoftware.com/Main/ConfiguringSquidProxyToAuthenticateWithActiveDirectory
As I see things, the document also discusses your plans.

Regards
Matthias