Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] can i run more than one instance of squid?

> I wish to run 2 instances of squid on different port
> on one machine.
> I have tried with different configuration files but
> it
> tells me the squid is already running.
> Can i actually run more than one instance of squid?

You can run many instances of squid with different
listenning port(s), cache_dir(s) and differet log
file(s).

I hope you are getting same problem bcas you are same
squid binary. Running process will be maintained in
squid.pid file.

Try to build the squid in new location with new
subordinate directories of sbin/ bin/ var/ etc/ etc.

Best Regards,
Squid Runner Team

SquidRunner - An Automatic Squid Builder
Web: http://freshmeat.net/projects/squidrunner/
Mail: squidrunner_dev at yahoo dot com

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail