Search squid archive

[squid-users] can i run more than one instance of squid?

Dear all,

I wish to run 2 instances of squid on different port
on one machine.
I have tried with different configuration files but it
tells me the squid is already running.
Can i actually run more than one instance of squid?
how many instances can i run on single machine?

Thanks,
SK