Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] SquidNT service fails to start, then works fine

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 eupec@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

SquidNT service itself breaks the regular network startup before it hangs;after the service failure, the network goes up and works fine; note that if I set the squidNT service to "disabled", the network goes up (and works ok) fastly and with no errors/warns in the event viewer.

Sounds like the service dependencies of the Squid service is slightly wrong.

Tomorrow I'll look in the cache.log file for further investigations; about the -D options...what's the correct syntax (for the -D opt) with SquidNT? The string "C:\Squid\sbin\squid.exe -D --ntservice:SquidNT"; directly written in registry (in HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\squidnt\imagepath key) isn't working, the service fails to start :(

Should work, but this isn't exacly my field.

Regards
Henrik