Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Configuring authentication with ldap_auth and two domains?

grolschie wrote:
Repost, as the first never came through at my end.
Sorry if it's a dupe.

---
Hi y'all.

I have searched through the docs, and cannot find
alot on ldap_auth. I use Squid + LDAP instead of
SMB to authenticate against our 2003 Server. The
problem is that we have two domains that I wish to
authenticate against. Is it possible to do this
with Squid and LDAP?

Here is my current method:

##################
auth_param basic program
/usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth -R -b
"dc=my,dc=domain,dc=org" -D
"cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=org"
 -w "mypassword" -f sAMAccountName=%s -h
192.168.1.1

auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Our Proxy
auth_param basic credentialsttl 5 hours

acl localnet proxy_auth REQUIRED src
192.168.1.0/24  192.168.100.0/24

http_access allow localnet
http_access allow localhost
http_access deny all
###################

Is it possible to add another sub-domain into this
equation to authenticate against? Our two domains
are on the two networks listed above in localnet
ACL, although our sub-domains DC has an IP address
on both networks. I am not sure how to specify two
domains and two domain controller IP's in the
above.

Sorry if this is a n00b question. I am kinda stuck
and you seem to know alot about this field. And
tips, greatly received. Thanks in advance.

regards,
grolschie

Hello grolschie,

there are sure better solutions, but my one works too.
Instead of writing
"auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth ..."
you can use a shell script like that
auth_param basic program /shell/script.

The only thing your script should do is write out "OK" or "ERR" to stdout dependant on the result of your evaluation with /usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth.
Tutorials on writing shell scripts can be found much on the net.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Matthias