Search squid archive

[squid-users] Cache store rebuild

Hi everyone,

My squid is configured as an http accelerator.  I was just wondering about
the cache store rebuild when squid crashes and restarts.  Is there a way to
set it so it doesn't rebuild it all at once but slowly or not at all?

I read about the -F option but I can't cut it off from serving any traffic.
Basically during the cache store rebuild it causes a lot of connection to my
backend server which I'm trying to eliminate.  Is there any other
alternatives?

Thanks,

Jon