Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Downloads hangs at 50% on a transparent proxy, SQUID 3

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Éliás Tamás wrote:

I'm using Squid 3 in a chroot environment, I always compile from
source. I have a Debian Sarge 2.6.11.5 with grsecurity and reiser4
patches. And expected a strange behaviour of squid, used as a very
simple transparent proxy, with almost no acls. Everything is ok,

Everything is not OK with Squid-3 development version. At this time there is several known critical bugs, of which at least two causes data corruption.

The current stable version for production use is Squid-2.5.STABLE9.

but. whenever I use a download manager, eg.: getright or flashGet, any
file I try to download, hangs at 50% not regarding to it's size (a
600megs file hangs at 300, a 2 megs file hangs at 1meg). Has anyone
met such a strange behaviour?

"download managers" generally screw up things worse than anything else seen in the world of HTTP. And this combined with using an unstable development version of Squid may give some unexpected results..

Regards
Henrik