Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Squid -> Homepage

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

that doesn't seem like proxypac script. That defines how to create custom
netscape packages, not proxy autoconfiguration.

Correct.

(I haven't tried setting browser.startup.page variable in that script,
that might work...but might not)

I would not be suprised if it did work.. but if it does work it is highly browser specific.

There is however some hidden Netscape config parameters to make Netscape download a central configuration file. Don't know the exact details but it shouldn't be too hard to find if you look for it. It is related to the above custom netscape packages as it requires a hidden configuration change to be activated (not possible via the preferences screens).

I think MSIE have something similar, but on Windows this kind of settings is often easier to do via login scripts.

Regards
Henrik