Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Are there workarounds for "Invalid Response"?

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, David Landgren wrote:

It looks to me that in the line:

charset=ISO-8859-1;^MSet-Cookie:xadxcpt=1;path=/;^MSet-Cookie:xadxsessionid=coro6a3d4a;path=/;

... the programmers have messed up their line-ending, and it's this that is causing Squid (2.5-STABLE8) to choke. But then again it might be something else.

2.5.STABLE9 has workarounds for this specific error... but it won't make the above header any better and clients still won't get the correct cookies..

Now I can always dream about writing to the owners of the web site and tell them to fix their web page. Somehow, I don't think that's going to work.

It's always worth a try. If they get sufficient complaints that their site is not working they may react. I have found most site operators quite responsive when given a proper explanation of what the error is on their site and why it is an error.

Regards
Henrik