Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] tos - setsockopt() problem - fwmarking possible?]

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, lartc wrote:

I think that you mis-typed the RFC it's actually 3168 ...

Indeed.

The ip TOS is now 4 bits, so the squid.conf.default ought to be changed to reflect 0 -> 63 rather than 0 -> 255 as is now indicated.

Agreed. It's 6 bits (0 - 63).

Looking thru the archive, i noticed that you have mentioned on several
occasions that meta-data marking (iptables/fwmark/nfmark) is not
possible in squid.

Correct.

Does this remain the case? It would really nice if I could patch it mark
hits/misses with fwmark -- marking this way allows an efficient hash
table for my tc config.

I don't know of any means for applications to set the nfmark on connections.