Search squid archive

[squid-users] Autoconfig proxy settings not functioning as planned.

I have a problem and I'm not sure how to overcome it. I use WPAD through DNS and it is working fine. My problem, however is that even though I have the script setup to NOT use the proxy for local traffic, it still does, or at least I get prompted for username and password through squid for traffic that is 'supposed' to be local. Which is a problem for clients that are trying to access the local SUS to get Windows updates, they cannot pass the credentials to the squid in order to get through to the SUS....its a bummer. Here is my wpad.dat.

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
    {
        if (isPlainHostName(host) ||
        dnsDomainIs(host, ".mylocaldomain.com"))
        return "DIRECT";
    else
        return "PROXY my.squidcache.com:3128";
    }

I would assume that any time somebody looks up server.mylocaldomain.com, then squid would let the traffice through without using authentication, I am wrong.
I am using basic auth for squid. If this is outside the realm of squid-users help I apologize.

Thanks in advance,
Brad