Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] squid in schoool

On 25.02 18:15, johnsuth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Here is my first effort at configuring squid to control which web sites students may
> access.
>
> My logic is that by allowing only .gov and .edu domains; plus urls specified in the
> whilelist file, I am reasonably assured of suitable content.
>
> #  TAG: acl
>
> #  TAG: http_access
> acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> acl munro src 192.168.100.0/24
> acl OK dstdom_regex -i \.gov \.edu

dstdomain should be enough, or dit it not work? note that regexp's are
very CPU intensive.

> acl whitelist dstdomain -i "e:\firewall\squid258\etc\whitelist"
> http_access allow munro OK
> http_access allow munro whitelist
> acl every dst 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> http_access deny every

Seems to be OK, but I'd recommend you looking after professional blockers
of unwanted content. I think there are some available in form of squid
redirectors.
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/