Search squid archive

[squid-users] Re: squid-3.0 on Fedora Core 1 & 3

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Sushil Deore wrote:

ya, manual creation of the cache dir helped a little bit but with the
-DNYCd3 parameters, the daemon becomes very slow and even after several
hrs its not stopping its action and I need to keep it running in the
background.

With the options above the daemon will start in foreground mode, printing diagnostics output on the screen.

It's not the options to use for normal usage.

/usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -k check  'OR'

/usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -k parse

problem of Memory pools 'off' remains same as that was before but the
daemon starts as I am running it in the background.

The "Memory pools" message is a cosmetic defect in the Squid-3 development snapshots and will be fixed before Squid-3.0 is released in a STABLE release suitable for production use.

Regards
Henrik,