Search squid archive

[squid-users] SquidNT - basic auth?

Gah - one of our support people in $REMOTE_OFFICE has decided to lead a little
rebellion and installed squid on a Win2k Server box (the standard here is to
run Squid on RHEL).  After a little massaging I've managed to fix most of the
differences between squid.conf on Linux and SquidNT - seeing as the support
people couldn't figure out why *nix line ends in  config files confused
SquidNT.

However, I can't seem to get basic authentication to work.  We need basic auth
for some legacy apps and other stuff (like Java) which don't support NTLM
auth.

I know this is probably a simple oversight on my part, but I'm happy to be
handed a URL and told to figure it out.  Of course if someone can
cut-and-paste the basic auth from squid.conf for SquidNT that's even
better :)  TIA

Cheers,

James