Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Two conflicting content-length headers

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Diego Dasso wrote:

2005/02/21 19:26:25| ctx: enter level 0: 'http://www.iiisci.org/cisci2005/Reviewers/download.asp?aux1=C170JB'
2005/02/21 19:26:25| WARNING: found two conflicting content-length headers

now, with the version 2.5.4, all works "fine", i assume that now the new version is more strict with the headers, (good for me) but there is a way to workaround this issue??

The only way to fix this is to have the malfunctioning web server fixed.

The server is seriously broken, and it is impossible for Squid to deduce how to correctly parse the reply in a sane manner.

Adding workarounds to deal with such seriously broken servers will only cause other problems down the line, and is obviously not something we plan to do.

This problem is very different from the general "invalid response" problem discussed recently for which a workaround has been added.

Regards
Henrik