Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Authenticated proxy for other protocols

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Pablo Gietz wrote:

We have Squid proxy, but we need to pass traffic trhoug the firewall based on authenticated "user" rather than IP address.

For non-HTTP traffic you need another proxy. I'd recommend looking into Socks for a general-purpose TCP/IP proxy (with authentication). Dante is a good free SOCKS proxy.

For FTP there is good FTP proxies around. Frox is relatively good and even claims to interact with Squid to share the cache.

Regards
Henrik