Search squid archive

RE: [squid-users] LVS/TUN or LVS/DR

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Andrew Sawyers wrote:

Any particular reason why you're after DR mode?  I have several squids load
balanced in masq mode and we're able to handle more traffic then most sites
can aspire too - with basically 0 load on the LVS server.

If you do interception then LVS must not NAT the destination IP of the connections, or else Squid has no way of figuring out what the original destination was on HTTP/1.0 requests without Host header.

Regards
Henrik