Search squid archive

[squid-users] Squid + Windowsupdate Problem

 Greetings,

We have been unable to get Windowsupdate working in our environment for quite some time now, and solutions I have seen posted on-line do not seem to work for us.

We have implemented a SUS server on our internal network segment, which works fine, but the public network segment cannot get updates due to timeout issues.

I have added ACL's to deny caching to .microsoft.com, but it does not appear to make any difference.

I have blocked outgoing port 80, forcing everyone on our network to go through the proxy.

If I open up outgoing port 80 on the firewall for a particular IP, the IP can hit windowsupdate just fine. As soon as it goes through the proxy, it times out.

 Any ideas ?

 Regards,

 -Xian