Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] follow_xff-2.5.patch

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Lucia Di Occhi wrote:

I am wondering why this patch is not being maintained anymore

Not actively I think.

and/or included in the squid 2.5 releases.

Squid-2.5 is in bug maintenance mode and this patch is not a bug fix.

This is quite a useful patch for anyone using multiple proxies and it seems like I always have to change the patch file every time I get a new squid source release.

There is alternatives. Mainly the custom log formats patch which among many other things related to logging allows you to log the X-Forwarded-For header (or any other header). This functionality have also been included in the upcoming Squid-3.0 release (no date set yet).

Regards
Henrik