Search squid archive

RE: [squid-users] Website Authentication

> We are using Squid as a proxy server on our campus.  One of
> the internal websites that our users use require NT
> authentication.  IE:  When they reach the  website, an
> authentication box pops up and they sign on using their NT
> domain password.  This works if the users are not using the
> proxy, but if they are using the proxy the login box does not appear.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

  NTLM based auth can not be proxied trough http , as has been discussed
many times on the list. Due to  it's design flaws.
You can :

    - have the webserver use standard auth mechanisms.
    - convert it to  a https (ssl based) webserver which cloaks
      this problem, because then squid only becomes a data-linker so so
      speak between the browser and the secure based endpoint (webserver).

 M.