Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] question on external_acl_type

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Norio Korekawa wrote:

Well, I checked PID and TIME of my helpers: itag_auth.pl(indicated
as myaclhelper.pl above), but they did not change.  So I don't think
my helpers are destroyed and newly spawned...  And also, I think squid
dies, whenever one of helpers dies or exits(I'm running squid with -X
and -N options and it functions in this way as far as I know.)

Modern Squids automatically recovers if helpers occationally dies.

If the helpers constantly dies Squid will abort as you then have some critical error you need to look into.

Regards
Henrik