Re: About the website download error

Il giorno lun 29 mag 2023 alle ore 17:05 Victor Toso
<victortoso@xxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 29, 2023 at 04:40:38PM +0100, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> > Il giorno lun 29 mag 2023 alle ore 14:13 Victor Toso
> > <victortoso@xxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > > It works here as well. It is not like the browser should try to
> > > open a content as text if it doesn't know what it is.  Another
> > > alternative is to use download attribute.
> > >
> > >     https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_a_download.asp
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Victor
> >
> > Hi,
> >   I got it reproduced. I should have tried a Windows browser (Edge,
> > Windows 10), I should have known that on Windows resource extensions
> > are taken much more into consideration.
> > I tried with https://releases.pagure.org/virt-viewer/virt-viewer-x86-11.0-1.0.msi
> > which is downloaded correctly and the reply is (wget -v -nv -d XXX)
> >
> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> > Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 15:33:19 GMT
> > Server: Apache/2.4.37 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) OpenSSL/1.1.1k
> > mod_wsgi/4.6.4 Python/3.6
> >
> > I would personally add configuration to the server, MSI files are
> > probably used by Windows users.
>
> Could you try adding the download attribute (by changing the html
> first and then trying to download the file), just to see if that
> as a workaround works?

I could try to reproduce the issue using another server but our HTML
pages are generated so we would need to change the generator, so we
will also need to change the system. It would take me some time, I
don't use Apache every day. Do you think it's worth doing?

> This project is the one running the infrastructure:
>     https://gitlab.com/osci/community-cage-infra-ansible
>
> I only have sftp access to folder related to SPICE. I'll follow
> up with someone to see if we can update the mime-types.

I saw the other email, thanks

> Cheers,
> Victor

Frediano

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]