Re: Vdagent not working on a Debian guest

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 06:40:22PM +0100, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> Il giorno mar 18 ott 2022 alle ore 01:04 Carlos González
> <piteccelaya@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> >
> > Were you able to find something by chance? Thanks.
> >

> Hi Carlos,
>    my main curiosity was about the need of the agent for resize.
> I did some tests and with both Windows and Linux it appears that the
> agent is needed.

Just to clarify, setting arbitrary resolution works through
client <-> guest agent messages. When the guest has the
capability (since RHEL7), spice-server reacts to that message,
pass it along to QEMU which interrupts the guest' kernel with the
resolution change.

IIRC, windows guest agent is the one to set the resolution
indeed.

Either way, for both Win and Linux guests, the agent is needed
indeed.

Cheers,
Victor

> At this point I would try looking at the agent logs.
> Is your system using Xorg or Wayland ?
>
> Regards,
>    Frediano
>
> > El sáb, 15 oct 2022 a las 9:22, Frediano Ziglio (<freddy77@xxxxxxxxx>) escribió:

> >> Maybe you would need to logout and login again from the graphic
> >> session. Or manually start it, not sure.

> >> See "spice-vdagent --help", specifically -f and -o options.

> >> I'll check, maybe is not handled by driver but agent

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]