Re: Agent crashes on Alpine Linux guest due to lack of /dev/uinput

> Hi,
>
> Sorry the delay, I've been away :)
>
> On Sun, Nov 06, 2022 at 07:02:12AM +0000, let-me-use-copy-and-paste wrote:
>
> > I installed Alpine Linux 3.16 virtual machine edition on
> > QEMU/KVM using Virt-Manager. I installed XFCE on it. I wanted
> > to enable copy-and-paste, so I tried to install spice-vdagent
> > on it, but it kept crashing. I checked the output using the
> > "-x" parameter, and basically, it crashed due to the lack of
> > /dev/uinput. The screenshot is
> > at https://i.imgur.com/9WKaVG8.png
> >
> > I do not know Linux much, so I am not sure if /dev/uinput is
> > not present due to the settings of the virtual machine or
> > because I have not installed something on Alpine Linux. I tried
> > the standard edition of Alpine, and right after the
> > installation, /dev/uinput was not present.
> >
> > In case that Alpine Linux indeed does not support /dev/uinput,
> > can't the spice service run anyway? All I want is text
> > copy-and-paste between the host and the guest, and does that
> > feature need /dev/uinput?
>

> Well, seems that they do build uinput.ko
>
> https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/contents?file=uinput.ko&path=&name=linux-vanilla&branch=v3.4&repo=main&arch=x86_64
>
> It might be a matter of installing the right package and/or
> modprobe uinput
>
> Cheers,
> Victor

The version you linked was version 3.4. The current Alpine Linux version is 3.16, and when I selected 3.16 on that page, there was no package with the name. Doesn't it mean that it is no longer supported?

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]