Re: Running without qemu

Hi Frediano,

thanks for having a look into this.
>    Did you mean something like https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/x11spice
> ?

Maybe, thanks. I will have a closer look. We are on windows though.

> Which OS and why not VNC and RDP if you are not using Qemu?

Long story. We have a Windows base robot controller that will be Linux based in the next controller generation. The controller is rendering the GUI and it is transferred from the Display-Port output to the operator panel with a proprietary hardware over fiber.
Now we are designing a new operator panel that should display the GUI and get it from the controller with a remote desktop protocol. For our prototype we are using VNC and it works alright but the performance is limited. There is also no option to connect USB-drives from the ope rator panel to the controller via VNC.
RDP might work, but a  showstopper is, that the local console gets locked. We are using the local console to connect a second display.
Spice looks extremely promising because it is really cross platform, has no local console lock, offer USB forwarding and seems to perform nicely.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Dirk Eibach
_________________________________
CARL CLOOS SCHWEISSTECHNIK GMBH
Softwareentwickler / AU-EW
Softwaredeveloper / AU-EW
Hauptverwaltung/Headquarters: Carl-Cloos-Strasse 1
Zentrallager/Central Warehouse: Carl-Cloos-Strasse 6
35708 Haiger
Germany
Tel:      +49 2773 85-888
E-Mail:  mailto:dirk.eibach@xxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.cloos.de/

Sitz der Firma/Headquarters: 35708 Haiger, Germany
Amtsgericht/Lower district court: Wetzlar HR B 3052
Geschäftsführer/Management: Stephan Pittner (CEO), Alexander Veidt (CFO)

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]