Re: qxldod driver for Windows 11

So the "rumors" are true: you (in general) really did discontinue/kill the qxl drivers, if not the entire SPICE project soon. Was it because IBM? Since being sold to them the first one to die was Centos, now this...

FYI:
https://gist.github.com/pojntfx/b860e123e649504bcd298aa6e92c4043#file-main-sh-L32
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/virglrenderer-devel/2021-January/001897.html
virtio-gpu implies virgl, and currently only works on Linux guests; RedHat people explicitly deemed the Windows work "not worthy".

Thanks for killing the project.

El vie, 2 sept 2022 a las 6:53, Victor Toso (<victortoso@xxxxxxxxxx>) escribió:
Hi Carlos,

On Fri, Sep 02, 2022 at 12:08:04AM +0000, Carlos González wrote:
> I downloaded latest virtio-win ISO, and by browsing it I
> noticed that, unlike the other drivers, for the qxldod one
> there's only up to win10, and no explicit win11 versions.
>
> Does this mean that there are no drivers for Windows 11, and no
> possibility of setting up a VM with full SPICE support?
>
> Thanks beforehand.

You are correct, the last cycle of development was focused for
windows 10.

I expect windows 11 to maintain some compatibility with windows
10 so the drivers should work to some extent but I did not test
it.

I'd not hope for further development on qxl unless there is
someone interested in investing time on it (and it would take
some time).

I'd instead switch to virtio-vga / virtio-gpu as this seems to
have an active community.

    https://github.com/virtio-win/kvm-guest-drivers-windows

Cheers,
Victor

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]