Re: Data transfer guest to host/ folder sharing

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 02:34:49PM +0200, Martin Filbrandt wrote:
> We use Spice on Proxmox VMs (Windows 10 guests). Clipboard
> sharing for files is perfect (from guest to host and vice
> versa). But transferring data works only in one direction, i.e.
> form host to guest/ not from guest to host.  To avoid that
> problem I tried to use folder sharing. But folder sharing is
> not supported by the windows version of virt-viewer (which is
> used on the local Windows machines).

On the Shared folder support for windows client, it is just
because there is no mingw-phodav library package which means that
at compile time the shared folder feature is disabled.

I recall doing some testing with shared folder on windows and
it worked quite well.

I saved the (old) installer at the time
	https://people.freedesktop.org/~victortoso/unofficial/

> Is there any chance of getting data transfer working in both
> directions? Is anything like that planned for the future?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Martin Filbrandt
> Supportcenter
> HLA (Hessische Lehrkräfteakademie)