Re: windows spice-client-glib hotplug not working

Hello, I write a demo under windows unsing spice-client-glib only, I can get usb devices from UsbManager. but hotplug is not working. no device change event recieved.

I found the function g_udev_client_initable_init in win-usb-dev.c create a hidden window to monitor WM_DEVICECHANGE message. but I could not found the corresponding message loopGetMessage/DispatchMessage...). Where is the message loop(gtk)? Does it depends on some higher library(gtk)How can I get usb hotplug working?

I resent this message because I found that I am not a subscriber to the mailing list. Thanks.

best regards

Normally the main thread should have an event message loop. Either GTK or other. In Windows messages are queued to threads so the thread that call g_udev_client_initable_init should handle messages.

Frediano