Re: Why does spice server keep sending streaming data while video is not being played?

Hi,

My spice server is 0.14.1 and gtk is master in the repository.

I was testing video stream. I set video-streaming to "filter" and played a .mp4 file. The CPU usage of the gtk is about 180%. When I pause the video, theoretically the stream should be destroyed and no data sould be sent, but the server still sending streaming data, and the gtk CPU usage was still 180%.

I added log to spice server and found video_stream_maintenance was always called to attach drawable to stream, then sent to the client.

Is that a bug? Souuldn't the server destroy the stream when the video is paused so there is no data to be sent?
Probably of your player that keeps drawing the last frame, spice-server don't craft frames, video_stream_maintainance is called when new frames arrive.
BR,
Don
Frediano