Re: Windows guest skipping chkdsk if using Spice display

On 30/10/2018 15:01, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

Thanks for the report.
As far as I know we only (in specific cases) inject caps/num/scroll locks in
order to sync them.
Does this happen if SPICE client is connected during the boot or also if not
connected?

Hi,
   I had a quick test with a Windows 7 and a Windows 8.1 with check disk
scheduled with a classic "chkdsk c: /f" command. With both client connected
and not connected (shutdown and start without SPICE client) and in all 4
cases check disk was run. Which Windows versions did you try?
I was using a Fedora 28 setup so surely the server part is different but
spice-server is still 0.14.0 and code for input was not changed so much.
Can you try with and without client connected too?

Frediano

Hi Frediano, it really seems related to the NumLock state, because:

- with client NumLock enabled and spice connected, chkdsk is skipped;
- with client NumLock enabled but spice not connected, chkdsk is not skipped;
- with client NumLock not enabled, chkdsk is not skipped.

This behavior is consistent between two CentOS 7 hosts and Win2003/Win10/Win2016 as guests. I am using the spice client integrated within virt-manager.

Any suggestion on how to avoid it (short that not using/connecting the Spice client)?

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico