Re: Windows guest skipping chkdsk if using Spice display

> > Hi all,
> > as per subject, when a Windows guest using a Spice display is rebooted
> > with a planned chkdsk, the consistency check is always skipped.
> >
> > It seems that the Spice display issues some "phantom" keystrokes, which
> > are then intended by Windows as the "skip chkdsk at boot" signal.
> >
> > I tried to use a Spice display with no additional features (ie: USB
> > redirection), but to no avail. To workaround the problem I must use a
> > VNC display, which is less featureful than the Spice one.
> >
> > My system and package versions are:
> > CentOS 7.5 x86-64
> > spice-gtk3-0.34-3.el7_5.1.x86_64
> > spice-server-0.14.0-2.el7_5.4.x86_64
> > spice-glib-0.34-3.el7_5.1.x86_64
> > libvirt-3.9.0-14.el7_5.7.x86_64
> > qemu-kvm-ev-2.10.0-21.el7_5.4.1.x86_64
> >
> > It seems I am not the only one experiencing this problem:
> > http://seifesrants.blogspot.com/2016/07/ghost-keystrokes-with-libvirt-kvm-spice.html
> >
> > Any suggestion?
> > Thanks.
> >

> Thanks for the report.
> As far as I know we only (in specific cases) inject caps/num/scroll locks in
> order to sync them.
> Does this happen if SPICE client is connected during the boot or also if not
> connected?

Hi,
  I had a quick test with a Windows 7 and a Windows 8.1 with check disk
scheduled with a classic "chkdsk c: /f" command. With both client connected
and not connected (shutdown and start without SPICE client) and in all 4
cases check disk was run. Which Windows versions did you try?
I was using a Fedora 28 setup so surely the server part is different but
spice-server is still 0.14.0 and code for input was not changed so much.
Can you try with and without client connected too?

Frediano