Re: [spice-server] build-sys: Improve ENABLE_EXTRA_CHECK setting

> > > By that reasoning, any patch which makes some functions static or remove
> > > some unused functions is a regression.
> > >
> > > Christophe
> > >

> > Depends on the design. In this case is designed to be reused.
>
> If you want
> 1) that the same ENABLE_EXTRA_CHECKS symbol name is reused in my v1
> 2) that it's globally #defined to 0/1
> then yes, we are back to square 1, we should never use #ifndef/#ifdef with
> it,
> which my suggestion and then patch was trying to address.
>
> Christophe

Let me recap, there are 3 different topic:

1- defined/not defined. We agree that the "standard" for config.h
   is defined to 1 or undefined, in this respect the patch to
   configure.ac goes into the right direction;
2- using same name. Opinion but looks like we don't disagree;
3- make the variable available globally (maybe in red-common.h?).
   Yes, this is not documented as a global feature to reuse.
   I won't personally have 2 patches for this change.
   I personally think that having in a global header well documented
   why this is here would be the right solution. We added just couple
   of weeks ago with this intention, just badly documented and
   prone to get removed.

Frediano