Re: High bandwith using spice

> On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:30:16 PM AKDT you wrote:
> > Actually Spice with streaming settings turned on is more efficient than
> > VNC using compressions similar to youtube.
>
> That's good to know. However, I've had this experience.
>
> 1) SSH in to host with -X (X redirection) and fire up virt-manager, then open
> view to the VM
>
> 2) Connect to qemu over an ssh connection (via a local virt manager) then
> open
> a view to the VM.
>
> (1) is much more responsive and has faster screen updates than (2). It would
> seem the X protocol might be even better than Spice.
>
> Thoughts?

Quite surprised, from my experience X protocol is quite bad
and quite affected by latency.

About Spice one thing to consider is that video optimization is
not turner on by default.
Also more optimal video compressors require a quite new version
of spice-server and client.

About spice as a protocol is quite good and has lot of features.
About spice as an implementation we know it has different issues
in regard network handling.

Frediano