Re: error on USB redirect: LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_FOUND

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:36:59AM +0100, Victor Toso wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Victor, thank you very much for answering.

> > phones. When I set the device to redirect it won't work and sometimes
> > it shows this message:
> >
> >     Could not redirect: Samsung Electronics Co.,
> >     Ltd Galaxy (MTP): error resetting device :
> >     LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_FOUND
>
> Where do you see this message exactly?

I see it in the remote-viewer doing File -> USB Device Selection.
Clicking on the "Android Samsung" device. But it won't always show
the error, most of the times it just will flickr a little the device
dialog and then unselect the option.

> Cool, I just tried here with an Android phone, Lenovo. The only issue

That's a good point. My own phone works, but the ones that
use in the course fail. May be it is an issue with older
models.

> that I had is that when I plugged it into my client machine it does
> automount. I can't redirect while is mounted, I had to umount it before
> redirecting.

We were taking care of this umount too, thanks for the point
anyway.

> Might be a silly suggestion but it does not hurt to ask: Some phones
> need to be unlocked and sometimes it also must have the MTP/Camera/Etc
> enabled in the android device. Have you checked those?

Yes, the phone is in mode MTP.

> If it connects to the client machine and you can access, the mobile
> phone is correctly configured.. Then you just need to be sure that it is
> umount.

The phone can be used in the client with Nautilus.

> File a bug at our upstream bugzilla [0]. Between to Linux guests it

I will do this, thank you for your insights.