error on USB redirect: LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_FOUND

Hi. I have issues with the USB redirection. I hope this
is the right place to ask.

We are trying to switch a PC classroom in the University to
use virtual PCs with Spice. There is a course that requires
the students work with cell phones.

The USB redirection works for pen drives but it won't recognize
the phones. When I set the device to redirect it won't work
and sometimes it shows this message:

    Could not redirect: Samsung Electronics Co.,
    Ltd Galaxy (MTP): error resetting device :
    LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_FOUND

The server is Ubuntu, I tried 16.10 and 17.04 ( devel ).
It has qemu-kvm 2.6.1 and 2.8.

We tried different guests with Windows7, Windows 10 and Ubuntu.
In Windows we installed latest USB and Samsung Android drivers.
We also tried set the USB driver in the Virtual Machine to USB 2
or USB 3 with the same results.

We tried virt-viewer 4.0-1 and virt-manager 1.3.2 as clients.

I saw unanswered questions from 2014 like this one here:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2014-December/018473.html

Please, let me know if there is something we can try.
I am willing to test development releases, try to dump
cores or whatever it takes.

Thank you for your time.