Re: [vdagent-linux] spice-vdagent.desktop: Set NoDisplay=true

On Sat, 2016-10-29 at 14:54 -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Jonathon Jongsma <jjongsma@xxxxxxxxx
> m> wrote:
> >
> > This seems like a policy thing that different distributors could
> > have
> > different opinions about. However, I don't know if anybody else
> > still
> > ships this app, so maybe it only affects Ubuntu? So I guess I don't
> > really have any objection.
>
> If you look through /etc/xdg/autostart/ you'll see that most files
> there have NoDisplay=true set now [1]
>
> Is there a good reason for users to be able to easily disable the
> spice-vdagent autostart?

Probably not. It seems like a reasonable change to me. My point was
that this is mostly a desktop / distribution issue. Spice itself
doesn't really care about whether NoDisplay is set or not. In the
unlikely event that a different distribution wants a different value
here, they can always handle it with a downstream patch.

Jonathon