Re: A question about QXL

On 10/31/2016 11:57 AM, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

Hi experts,

  Recently I’m studying QXL XDDM driver to see how the display are
  accelerated.

  One thing I do not understand is that I thought some updates should be
  missing on clients.
  Say in the implementation of DrvBitBlt function, if it is not supported.
  the implemention will punt to EngBitBlt.

  However, in such case, no QXL command is pushed to cmd ring. So how does
  spice client notice the frame buffer change
made by EngBitBlt?

  Can anyone help provide guidance on this?

  Thanks.

Hi,
  basically when EngBitBlt is called Windows implements the command
using different calls so basically EngBitBlt will call others Drv* functions
to implement DrvBitBlt for QXL driver. That Drv* functions will push commands
to the ring.

"Different calls" -- look at
  DodPresentDisplayOnly and DodSystemDisplayWrite

Uri